Saturday, August 10, 2013
- Name: DushiYanthini
- Location: Sri Lanka
DushiYanthini Kanagasabapathipillai is a multiple awards winning journalist cum photojournalist, and has been working as a journalist for the past 20 years in Sri Lanka.She has traveled extensively for news coverage, feature and documentary making locally and globally. She has covered the three decade long war in Sri Lanka, while taking enormous amount of risks.She is pleased and proud to note that, SHE is the first Tamil woman journalist in Sri Lanka to travel on her own to the war zone, etc to capture the moments in her camera. She trains budding journalists and youth in photojournalism and mid career journalists in various themes. Many of her creative photos have appeared on newspapers, journals, books and websites locally and internationally. She shares her experience as a journalist.She is very passionate about what she does-Journalism :-), which is an adventure. Contact Email :~ firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
- Displaced and abandoned: IDPs at Konappulam camp c...
- Celebrating Excellence in Journalism
- Literature abounds in the North
- Uncle was too gentle to be burnt alive
- Pretended to be dead
- "Beautification" through an artist's eyes
- A walk through the wall of 1983
- Our Village (Ape Gama) through heritage mapping
- Passion VS Safety ~ Personal journey of a journali...
- Celebrating Role Models: First Tamil woman journal...